Monday, June 29, 2009

Visit to Grandpa Jim



In 1991, I scattered some of my Dad's ashes in a campfire pit in a gorgeous spot in Bidwell Park in Chico. I used to run there in the early mornings to visit my Pops and stay connected to him. Since moving from Chico in 1995, I have missed this spot as it has become, for me, his grave.

Here I am, 17 years later, back in Chico spending a few weeks introducing my 6-year-old son to the magic of summertime in this sweet town. Because Woody seems to have an amazing connection to Grandpa Jim already, I thought he would enjoy visiting this special spot.

I feel good knowing that Woody has a place to go visit Grandpa Jim now and he even named the swimming hole next to the campfire pit 'Grandpa Jim's Swimming Hole'.

1 comment:

  1. Hammy, that is so wonderful and brings a joyful tear in my eye that you are bringing Woody back there to experience the energy.

    I know you have told me stories how Woody is connected. How beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete